Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

12:00 PM

OH MY GOSH IT’S BEEN SO LONG! HELLO!
I’ve gone through weeks of drivers ed and big projects and disappointing failures but I should hopefully be BACK and posting on weekends! I figured something light should be in order for me to ease back into blogging. So here is the Unpopular Opinions book tag!


1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

The Mortal Instruments, I’M SORRY, but that book was like Hell. Everyone is really excited about the Cassandra Clare books right now because of Lady Midnight but I really REALLY didn’t like City of Bones so I don’t think it’s worth reading. Lots of people have told me to “just get through the first three and then it will get good” but, like, who would want to be forced to read three whole books just to see if you like it? And then what if you still don’t like it?

meh howard the duck so so
(yes Howard, I agree)

2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.

The Maze Runner series because I’ve heard a lot of people say that they don’t like it because it of various reasons (check out Christine’s opinion on it here) but I really loved it, and I had to read it for school and it helped me get into reading so...

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.

PETRIS, WHO THE HECK WOULD THINK THAT PUTTING PETER AND TRIS IN A SHIP WAS A GOOD IDEA THEY LITERALLY TRY TO KILL EACH OTHER AND HE HATES HER AND FOUR IS BAE.

tv television funny 90s 1990s

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

I NEVER read nonfiction, I don’t really know why but I suppose it’s because I view them like history textbooks. I feel like it’s going to be more of a lesson than a good story because it’s set in the real world (most of the time) so not that many cool things can happen?

britney spears school bored boring baby one more time

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

Haymitch from The Hunger Games. I mean he’s not beloved per say but he’s not hated. He just doesn’t really do it for me. I don’t see him as the father figure at all.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

CASSANDRA CLARE (see question 1 above)

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing.

Lost princesses and love triangles. In real life you wouldn’t have to choose that’s just not how it works. And by “lost princess” I mean Cinder. The Lunar Chronicles is a big turn off for me because the writing wasn’t very good (at least I thought so) and I basically guessed the whole plot correct since at the beginning of Cinder they had that whole story of the lost princess so duhhhhh why would it be in there if it wasn’t of any significance?

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

The Matched series, the Delirium series, the Uglies series… The list goes on. There are just some I will never read and some that I just don’t want to.

disney list aladdin scroll jafar

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

Les Mis! I absolutely loved the movie and after reading many variations of the same story, I do think it’s so much better when you can see great actors with that much passion and emotion in one movie.


What are your answers to the tag? Anything that SHOCKED you? Leave a comment below! I should be back with more reviews soon!

Original tag by TheBookArcher on YouTube

You Might Also Like

5 thoughts

  1. YES TO ALL OF THESE. I'm one of the people that doesn't like Cassandra Clare's books either, so it makes me glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way! And I'm not much of a nonfiction reader either. AND YEAH! Someone who understands my love for the Les Mis movie! xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I should probably try non-fiction at some point but there are just SO MANY books out there and so little time, and yes! The Les Mis movie was so good and I loved it!(I cried at the end)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I LOVE The Maze Runner too!! I actually don't get why it gets so much hate?!? It's incredible and Thomas is fjdklasfd adorable and I love him. :') Although I'm a rabid fan of Cassandra Clare so I'll shush on that topic. hehe. XD
    But but wait...people ACTUALLY ship Tris and Peter?! NOOOOOO.
    And while I adore The Lunar Chronicles, I think the Lost Princess trope is pretty boring...it's always SO easy to figure out. As soon as someone utters the word "lost" then you know it's the protagonist. *facepalm* Booooring.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that The Lunar Chronicles series is HIGHLY predictable, but I liked it anyway. Frankly, it's rare for me to like a predictable book, so I give it props for doing something right, at least.

    I also can't get into Cassandra Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les Mis? Wow! I haven't read the book because it scares me a little bit, but it's so interesting to hear that you prefer the movies! Also, Cassandra Clare? I'm not surprised, she's out of my TBR for good. I'm glad I never suffered through any of her books.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *